Sparks Street’s Stroll in to Win Fall Edition
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TO ENTER the Sparks Street’s Stroll in to Win contest (the “Contest”) simply visit a participating retailer along Sparks Street and fill in a ballot. Limit of one (1) entry per individual, per retailer. Entries will be rejected if the entry is not fully completed during the Contest Period. Contest starts on, Monday, October 7th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET”) and closes on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 at 5:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET”)] (the “Contest Period”). SPARKS STREET BIA will randomly choose three winners from all of the ballots collected during the contest period. There are three (3) prizes (the "Prize") to be won from among all the selected entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are SPARKS STREET BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA and the Business owners who participate in this contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario, within the 613 area code or Quebec, residing in the 819 area code and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Prize - There are three (3) prizes from Contest Sponsors to be won. There is one (1) Grand Prize valued at $1,000.00. There is one (1) Second place prize valued at $500.00. There is one (1) Third Place Prize valued at $250.00.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold and are not convertible to cash. Prize may be in the form of a gift card/certificate or product and services. A maximum of 50% of each prize awarded may be spent in one individual business. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to set a maximum limit of how much of each prize can be spent in one retail location along Sparks Street. Winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. During the contest period, visitors to Sparks Street retailers will be encouraged to fill in a ballot. On Monday November 4th, 2019, three ballots will be randomly selected to each win one of the three available prizes. Winner names will be announced during the contest period on the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages of the Contest Sponsors. Announcement of the winner’s names will take place Monday, November 4th, 2019 at approximately 12:00pm. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. In conducting the contest, Contest Sponsors have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any potential prize winner who fails to respond on the phone, email or any other form of communication and the Contest Sponsors shall have no liability or responsibility to any contestant so disqualified. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Contest Sponsors. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as stipulated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternative potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, if applicable, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than November 15th, 2019.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected ballots, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to SPARKS STREET BIA at 100 Sparks Street, Suite 200, Ottawa ON .
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, radio, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.