General Contest Rules Application.
These general contest rules (“General Contest Rules”) apply to contests (each, a "Contest") operated by the Sparks Street Business Improvement Area (the “Sparks Street”) on which the Contest appears, unless there are specific contest rules for a particular Contest, in which case those specific contest rules will apply. By entering a Contest, entrants agree to be legally bound by these General Contest Rules, and will be deemed to have read and understood these General Contest Rules.
1. Eligibility. Unless otherwise stated, to enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsor(s), its/their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Winners of a nominal prize (valued at or under $1,000) from a Sparks Street contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) are not eligible to enter.
2. Prizing & Contest Period. The details of the prize(s) available to be won (including the number and the approximate retail value of the prize(s) available to be won), the duration and timing of a Contest and any other relevant information of a Contest will be identified through applicable promotional materials, and/or on the Sparks Street website (as applicable) and/or Social Media Channels of Sparks Street (as applicable) at the start (or before the start) of the Contest. Prize(s) may not be exactly as advertised. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Sparks Street reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, in the event all or any component of a prize is unavailable. Limit of one prize per household per Contest.
3. Contest Entry. No purchase necessary to enter a Contest. Unless otherwise stated, there is a limit of one entry per person per day per Contest. To enter a Contest, follow the instructions given on the Sparks Street’s website and/or via the Sparks Street’s official social media pages (described below), as applicable. For online entry: Without limiting the foregoing, if entry in a Contest occurs online, visit the Sparks Street website during the applicable Contest entry period and follow the on-screen instructions on the applicable Contest’s webpage to complete and submit the online entry form. For entry via social media: Without limiting the foregoing, if entry in a Contest occurs via one or several of the official social networking pages for the Sparks Street, the applicable Contest entry period by means of the applicable third party service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”). To enter a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and are solely responsible to ensure that your account settings allow the applicable Sparks Street to view your account as required to administer the applicable Contest (failing which, you may be disqualified). By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with such Third Party Service’s Terms of Service. By entering a Contest by means of a Third Party Service, entrants completely release any such Third Party Service of all liability in relation to his/her participation in the applicable Contest. Entrants acknowledge that the applicable Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Third Party Service(s) and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Contest should be directed to Sparks Street and not to Third Party Service(s). All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Sparks Street reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sparks Street– including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the applicable Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the applicable Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Sparks Street deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the applicable Contest in accordance with the General Contest Rules and, if provided, any further Contest-related instructions. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of Sparks Street within the timeline specified by Sparks Street may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Sparks Street. The sole determinant of the time for each Contest will be the applicable Sparks Street’s official clock.
4. Requirements for Photo, Video or Written Submissions. From time to time, a Contest entry mechanism may require you to submit an original photograph, video, written composition (i.e. essay, comment or story) or another form of original submission (each, a “Submission”) to Sparks Street, subject to instructions provided by the Sparks Street and/or its representatives. Submissions must be original and must not include any third party’s proprietary content. Sparks Street in its sole and absolute discretion may: (i) disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content, at any time; (ii) edit any Submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content, including but not limited to, music or video clips, as applicable; and/or (iii) disqualify any Submission that involves anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk. Submissions must not contain any reference to, or likeness of, any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Submissions cannot be a parody or derogatory. Submissions remain the property of the entrant, however by entering a Contest, each entrant: (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trade-mark or any other intellectual property rights; (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants Sparks Street an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Submission in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF SPARKS STREETAT ANY TIME.
5. By entering a Contest, each entrant fully releases Sparks Street, its board, the City of Ottawa, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the applicable Contest from all liability of any kind relating to the Contest or his/her participation therein, including, without limitation, any liability related to: (i) any failure of the a website; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in a Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
6. Sparks Street reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend a Contest or to amend these General Contest Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason, in the opinion of Sparks Street in its sole and absolute discretion, a Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its control, Sparks Street reserves its right to amend, cancel or suspend the applicable Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Sparks Street reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
8. For greater certainty, each prize claimant consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, comments, photograph or voice, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by the Sparks Street in connection with the applicable Contest.
9. If the identity of an entrant is in dispute, the authorized account holder of the email submitted at the time of entry (if provided) will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question (if provided).