Sparks Street Student Ambassador
Posted on Tuesday, May 9, 2023
For PDF version Click Here
The Sparks Street Business Improvement Area (BIA) & Mall Authority is seeking two Sparks Street Student Ambassadors. The successful candidate will assist in execution and development of events that enhance the pedestrian experience on Sparks Street. The ideal candidate would help with promotional activities including planning and liaison with coordinators, document preparation, set-up and take-down, create digital content, social media, and follow-up notes/reports and correspondence.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Site Manager and working in a small team, the Sparks Street Student Ambassador will be hands on in the delivery of events and programming throughout the summer.
Position Type: Full Time – May - August, with part time hours in April and September. Daytime, evenings, and weekends.
Salary: $18.00 per hour.
• Help produce Sparks Street events including Ottawa Ribfest, Ottawa International Buskerfest, and Ottawa Poutinefest!
• Support third-party organizers in producing successful activations like film screenings, art exhibits, and small concerts
• Create digital content (images, video and written) for Sparks Street’s social media channels
• Assist Site Manager with general site maintenance to enhance and contribute to the pedestrian experience on Sparks Street
• Other duties as required
Required Skills and Attributes:
• Currently achieving a post-secondary degree/diploma and/or related experience in Event Planning, Public Relations, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Arts Administration, or related field
• Willingness to learn, take direction and be adaptable in a constantly changing environment
• Availability to work evenings and weekends
• Comfortable working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Ability to work under pressure with rigid timelines
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Language: English required, bilingual in French an asset
• Working knowledge of social media channels
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by email to Executive Director Kevin McHale, using the Subject Line: “Student Ambassador Position” email@example.com. Application Deadline: May 22, 2023.
This position is made possible by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs grant successfully achieved by SSBIA through Employment and Social Development Canada.