Marketing and Social Media Coordinator - Sparks Street Business Improvement Area & Mall Authority
Posted on Wednesday, April, 14, 2023
For PDF version Click Here
The Sparks Street Business Improvement Area & Mall Authority (Sparks Street) is proud to be one of the most vibrant commercial districts in Ottawa, located in the heart of the city’s downtown. Sparks Street’s mandate is to create an attractive destination where pedestrians have priority. Our team produces a variety of events and programming throughout the year. Sparks Street is home to a unique mix of restaurants, shops, and services who we support through a number of initiatives.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director and working within a small, resolute team, the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will tell the story of Sparks Street. They will develop creative, compelling content for the web, social media, and other platforms. The successful candidate is organized, thoughtful, and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
• Salary $55,000 to $60,000 annually based upon experience
• Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits after three-month probation period
• RRSP contribution plan
• Ongoing training including possibility of travel in Canada
• Full Time – Permanent
• Support the development and execution of Sparks Street's marketing campaigns using traditional and non-traditional mediums
• Create dynamic content supporting and promoting the events and programming of Sparks Street and its partners for social media, our blog, and website
• Utilize and monitor social channels most relevant to the brand daily
• Collaborate with graphic designers and others to produce digital and printed content
• Liaise with photographers and videographers to capture visual content of events and activations
• Create and support a brand persona through Sparks Street’s online channels
• Support the planning, promotion and execution of Sparks Streets events and programing
• Understanding our organizational requirements, target audiences, and strategic objectives
• Prepare weekly Payables/Receivables report and create invoices
• Other duties as needed to support Sparks Street
• Post Secondary degree/diploma and/or related experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, non-profit organizations or related field
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
• Intermediate+ proficiency in Office 365 or equivalent software
• Willingness to learn, take and provide direction, and be adaptable in a constantly changing environment
• Outstanding English verbal and written communication
• Excellent organizational and solution generating skills
• A mindful, initiative-taking collaborator
• Occasional evening and weekend availability
• Working knowledge of French is considered an asset
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by email to Executive Director, Kevin McHale: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the subject line: “Marketing and Social Media Coordinator”. Application Deadline: April 21, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be kept on file for a period of six months and may be referenced for future staffing requirements.
Sparks Street promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.